So you want to be in the Domain Game? You are sick of Pigeon Shit. You are ready to see what you are doing wrong. Here is MY VIEW on domains. MY step by step guide to free yourself from Pigeon Shit!
If you seriously want to do this, just abandon all the bullshit you think you know. Before you can progress you have to cure the disease. The posts of the last few months and particularly the last few days was to do that. Now onto the real method.
1. You are planting a SEED not buying a domain name.
2. You are staking a claim not buying a domain name.
3. Seeds take time to germinate, mature and bear fruit
4. You are planting trees not grass.
5. This is a 5 year plan
6. If I just lost you, you may be lost forever. Don’t have 5 minutes? You will piss away the next 5 years and still end up right here to figure out where you went wrong.
7. Your mindset has to change from the immediate gratification to that of investor. Hooker or Call Girl. One gets $50 and stands in the rain one gets $5000 and sits in a penthouse. Choose!
8. Why am I wasting my time with this? Because the start is where folks go off course. THIS is the PLACE they all goof at.
9. Don’t quit your day job! Seriously. You need $$$ to fund a hobby into a business.
10. If you don’t have a day job, get one unless you don’t need to.
11. Take a deep breath
12. You FIRST purchases are VERY important so you MUST get these right or you are off course and out of the game until then and by that time you will likely be broke and confused and frustrated and angry.
13. Pick a category. Any category.
14. Make sure there is a Yellow Page listing for that category.
15. Find the listings with the most advertisements
16. Start drilling.
17. You will see that vein picked apart like a Friday Morning Turkey after Thanksgiving.
18. Try xylophones. Less crowded.
19. Work up to better categories.
20. Start with a noun like Insurance.
21. Add adjective to the beginning like: DiscountInsurance.com, NewYorkInsurance.com, CheapInsurance.com. THOUSANDS to try and find. Drill. Don’t be lazy. Drill. Thousands.
22. Use Verbs. GetInsurance.com, BuyInsurance.com, They are taken. buyxylophones.com is available as I write this. The audience there is tiny. So look for bigger audiences. More common items.
23. When you know the difference between a domain and Pigeon Shit, THEN you will recognize domains of value the INSTANT you see them. Just like I know Pigeon Shit the instant I see them.
24. Drop lists now come into play. When you know what to look for you can go thru a list of 100 in 3-5 seconds.
25. Domains of value standout
26. Set a realistic budget. You buy your car for $20k or whatever, invest in yourself
27. Buy with a rifle not a shotgun.
28. Don’t be a spammer.
29. Be creative
30. Don’t buy and try to sell 10 minutes later
31. Activate the domain and monitor for traffic.
32. Don’t be a whore and try and sell 30 minutes after that
33. Just put it in inventory and assuming it was a value, pat yourself on the back for a good grab! It’s a fish!
34. Repeat, repeat, repeat
35. There will be a time for selling.
36. If you do it right, you will be too busy getting domains to worry about selling them and then they will be chasing you too.
Yes, I hear ya. You have no money and you need to flip fast. Fine! But you still have to go through these steps to find a domain of value. And if you do it right., you will find a liitle income along the way.
My test for a truly valuable domains is if it stands alone can I build a business around it if all I ever did was focus on that one domain from now on. That’s the test. I have the luxury of not having to do that. But you MUST do that if you want to start in the right direction.
Of course you can’t start going the right direction until you come to a complete stop and change course. Folks have a choice. Buy pigeon shit and make pennies and lose dollars or understand what makes a domain have value and transform what you do.
Clear out the inventory and start fresh again if you are losing $$$.
Just KNOW there gems that sell way below what pigeon shit sells for.
No one post will give you all the answers. But almost all the answers lay within the confines of these several hundred blog posts.
Have a GREAT Day!